Walmart is an American multinational retail corporation that operates a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas. It is also the largest private employer in the world with 2.4 million employees. It is a publicly traded family-owned business.
Cashier & Front End
- Help shape the customers’ experience.
Cart Attendant & Janitorial
- Ensure they have a clean store.
Stocker, Backroom, & Receiving
- Keep shelves stocked for customers.
- Help customers find what they need.
Fresh Food Associate
- Guarantee high-quality food is always ready.
- Work in Asset Protection, Auto, Pharmacy, or Vision.
- Manage your department and lead associates.
- Keeps shelves stocked and customers happy during a store remodel (12-week job).
“Our associates are the heart of our business—all 2.4 million of them. For tens of thousands of people every year, a new job at one of our stores, clubs, distribution centers or corporate offices opens the door to a better life.”
Health care and insurance options
- All eligible associates have affordable options that include no lifetime maximum and eligible preventive care covered at 100%.
- They offer medical plans starting at around $26 per pay period, as well as dental and vision plans.
- Coverage for domestic partners is available.
- Their Centers of Excellence program covers select spine and heart procedures, knee and hip replacement surgeries, organ and tissue transplants, and breast, lung and colorectal cancers.
- Associates have free access to nurse care managers and health care advisors.
- Associates can take advantage of Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service.
- Additional options include company-paid life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, critical illness insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance and business travel accident insurance.
Save for retirement
- Associates can contribute to their 401(k) starting on their first day with the company. Walmart provides up to a 6% match after one year on the job.
- Associates can participate in an associate stock purchase plan with company match.
- Associate discount card offers a 10% discount on fresh fruits, vegetables and regularly priced general merchandise at Walmart stores.
- The Associate Discount Center provides exclusive discounts on travel, cell phone services, entertainment and other goods and services not available in Walmart stores.
- Paid time off empowers associates to decide how they use their leave by streamlining paid vacation, sick time, personal time and holiday time into one category.
Making time for families with maternal and parental leave
- Maternity, parental and adoption benefits are available to all salaried and full-time hourly associates who have worked at Walmart for at least 12 months.
Service to the Customer
- Customer first: Listen to, anticipate and serve customer wants and needs
- Frontline focused: Support and empower associates to serve customers every day
- Innovative and agile: Be creative, take smart risks and move with speed
Respect for the Individual
- Listen: Be visible and available, collaborate with others and be open to feedback
- Lead by example: Be humble, teach and trust others to do their jobs, give honest and direct feedback
- Inclusive: Seek and embrace differences in people, ideas and experiences
Strive for Excellence
- High performance: Set and achieve aggressive goals
- Accountable: Take ownership, celebrate successes and be responsible for results
- Strategic: Make clear choices, anticipate changing conditions and plan for the future
Act with Integrity
- Honest: Tell the truth, keep your promises and be trustworthy
- Fair: Do right by others, be open and transparent
- Courageous: Speak up, ask for help, make tough calls and say no when appropriate