Publix Super Markets is an employee-owned, American supermarket chain headquartered in Lakeland, Florida. Publix stands as one of the largest U.S. regional grocery chains. As of January 2019, Publix employs about 193,000 people at its 1,215 retail locations, cooking schools, corporate offices, 9 grocery distribution centers, and 11 manufacturing facilities.
Whether you’re interested in an hourly position or management role, they have information about what it’s like to work in their stores. Every Publix location is a multimillion-dollar enterprise, offering rewarding retail jobs and exciting earnings potential. There are many career opportunities, including full-time jobs for those seeking to advance their careers and part-time jobs for those needing flexible schedules to accommodate family, school, or retirement activities.
Full-time, non-management associates earn more than $30,000 per year on average, depending on pay rate, hours worked, and experience. And there is a clear path leading to management for jobs in every department in the store.
Management roles reward associates not only with bigger paychecks and holiday bonuses, but also with retail quarterly bonuses. As their associates learn and grow, qualifying for management, they can look forward to a rewarding financial future. Average earnings range from more than $50,000 per year for entry-level managers to $123,000 per year for store managers.
- Baker Apprentice
- Bakery Clerk
- Cake Decorator
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Deli Clerk
- Floral Clerk
- Front Service Clerk
- Grocery Clerk
- Meals Clerk
- Meat Clerk
- Meat Cutter
- Produce Clerk
“One of the reasons I’m glad that I was chosen to join the Publix family is because employees own the company, so it’s like working for myself.”
Distribution associates perform various roles from warehousing to driving trucks, all to keep Publix stores in six states well stocked.
What We Do: A Closer Look
- Receive, store, and ship product.
- Monitor inventory and maintain clean, well-organized warehouses.
- Get groceries to the stores via our truck fleet.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repair for our trucks.
- Cook and serve free hot, buffet-style lunches to associates at Publix facilities with cafeterias.
- Distribution Operator
- Forklift Operator
- Frontline Supervisor
- Inventory Checker
- Order Checker
- Warehouse Person
- Warehouse Selector
- Fleet Maintenance Technician
- Truck Driver
- Cafeteria Team Leader
- Cafeteria Worker
- Dock Person
- Warehouse Administrative Assistant
- Tire Repair Person
- Transportation Operations Coordinator
- Fuel Island Attendant with CDL License
- Carrier Relations Analyst
Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost to them
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately held stock
- Annual holiday cash bonus
- All hourly associates are paid weekly
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Group health plan, dental plan, vision plan
- Free flu shots
- Direct deposit in up to three separate checking or savings accounts
- Credit union membership
- Tuition reimbursement
- Service awards
- Employee assistance program
- Opportunities for advancement
- Opportunity to participate annually in a survey to let management know your opinion on a wide range of workplace quality issues
- Vacation pay
- Six paid holidays
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death and dismemberment benefits)
- Bereavement pay
- Jury duty pay
- Long-term disability plan
- Holiday exchange (select another day off when you work a holiday)